Saturday, 24 January 2015

10 things I love about my dog

Only 10 things? There’s 40 gerjillion things I love about him at the very least. This was the quickest list I’ve ever written as it took no thinking about.

1. His curls (especially his kiss curl).


2. The way he smells, it comforts me *this one doesn’t count when he’s wet*

3. How he always stops and waits for me no matter where we are.


4. The way he wags his tail so hard it's like he's got hinges at his hips.

5. The way he looks in his onesie (which is too big for him!)


6. His utter joy in everything the world has to offer – even the really mundane things.


7. When he sits on my feet just to be close.

8. The way he gets a droopy eye when he’s tired.


9. The way he headbutts me when I’m not taking proper notice of him.

10. The way he looks at me and I swear I can ‘see’ his thoughts.


Yep - there are many, many more things I love about him - I think the list is endless...

What are your 10 things?

"Everybody thinks their dog is the best dog in the world - None of them are wrong"

Subscribe to this blog and receive an email alert each time I post

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He is a bit isn't he :) (I might be a wee bit biased!)

      Delete
  2. What a special post. Your photography AND your words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list and your incredible photos! I love the smell of my dogs too - and they each have a unique smell. When I had to say goodbye to my Angel K, one of the last things I did was bury my nose in her fur so I could remember her spicy scent forever.

    I'd love your professional opinion on something. I just made a change to my banner photo to one of the most utterly joyful photos of Shyla I've ever taken. But, it bugs me that I think that the eyes are not quite in focus (it's subtle, but I think there's a slight fuzziness). I'm trying to decide whether to keep this photo or use a different one. I'm totally open to your opinion, either way! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure people think I'm bonkers when I grab him to have a snuffle of him - but, I do it anyway :D

      What an amazing picture of Shyla. I think the focus on her eyes is just fine. We, as photographers do tend to get fixed on thinking it's 'just not right' don't we! To us, it's huge, but to everyone else, they see the picture as it really is - a wonderfully fun picture of a happy dog. I've lost count of the number of perfectly decent images I've discarded because I've not been entirely happy with them though - and that's a shame. I think it's a beautiful image :)

      Delete
  4. Totally agree with all of these, and I'm sure we could all find loads more, like you say. And I like your exception to number two; wet dog is no-one's idea of a nice fragrance. Love your quote "Everybody thinks their dog is the best dog in the world - None of them are wrong". SO right!

    Kelley @ The Whole Hound

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - ask questions, give your point of view or just meet new people in the comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


BLOG DESIGN BY BLOG ME BEAUTIFUL