Thursday, 15 January 2015

HeARTS Speak

Artists. Helping. Animals.



From the HeARTS Speak website:

“We are a global network of animal photographers, painters, illustrators, writers, graphic designers and advocates who provide our time and professional services, pro-bono, to animal welfare organisations in our communities.”

It’s a simple but effective concept – one, when I first read about it, I quite admired. So I made an application to become part of it.

I’ve been a member of HeARTS Speak now for around 18 months. There’s not many of us in the UK, eleven at last count, with the main concentration in America. It’s an enriching community filled to the brim with talented people in their own craft – and I’m pretty chuffed to be part of it.

Members have helped many animals in need throughout the world. One person can make a huge change, just imagine what a vast international team working collaboratively can do.

We all pledge to work by a Code of Ethics – and we all share the opinion that all animals should have a voice and that we can all play a part in being just that for them.

I work with several shelters and rescues offering volunteer services, from photographing to media and networking their work- it’s a hugely fulfilling part of what I do.


Members have access to a range of resources to help them volunteer effectively. With active community forums, it's a buzzy hub of people sharing a common goal; to help animals.

Today I’ll be going to my local Cat’s Protection Centre to take pictures of their guests looking for forever homes, as I have done for the past 18 months. I know it won’t change the world…but, it might just help change the world for one cat.


Click here to Subscribe to Pet Chronicles and receive an alert via email each time I post

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds wonderful. Good for you for taking part in this. A couple of nice photos can make all the difference for finding a dog or cat a home. I think, especially with the cats, good photos can really show off their personalities. Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay :) It also frees up the shelter/rescue staff to get on and do the actual looking after the animals, so it's a really useful service for them all round.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! That's amazing! I think photos are really important and helpful for getting pets adopted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too - they might not make a huge impact immediately - but being consistent and me also networking their images through my social network too also helps :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to help the pets be adopted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also get to spend bundles of time with all the gorgeous animals! Win-win I say :D

      Delete
  4. I'm going to check out that program. I've never truly spent the time to try photographing other dogs besides my own but I'd be willing to give it try if were needed around here! Thank you for telling us about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The website has lots of info - and they also have a Facebook page too :) - www.facebook.com/HeARTsSpeak/timeline

      Delete

I love to hear from you - ask questions, give your point of view or just meet new people in the comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


BLOG DESIGN BY BLOG ME BEAUTIFUL