Saturday, 28 February 2015

Crufts 2015 - The list (part of it)

It's less than a week to go for Crufts and I'm busy prepping for the whole heap of things I want to do and explore there. As explained in my post a little while ago - my blogs will focus on some of the other aspects of Crufts away from the show and agility rings. I'll link to blogs that will give you all that information too though - and of course Channel 4 and More4 will be showing highlights from each day (I'll add the times at the end of the blog) you can also watch highlights on Crufts' own YouTube channel.

Here's just a few of the things I've already planned for my never-ending list!

Friends for Life

There is a dog I'm so very much looking forward to is meeting - Miracle.

Miracle is a finalist in the Friends for Life competition. Miracle's picture led me to learn more about dogs from the Dog Meat Trade. The image of him hanging out of a crate in dreadful condition went viral online - I remember it hitting my heart so hard, it hurt. But Miracle was rescued, and now lives with his forever family in the UK. He will be at Crufts with his human brother Kyle and his Mum Amanda and I can't wait to go and see his beautiful face for real and tell him all about Willow - he'll likely be too busy for the full story I reckon, but I'll give it a go.

You can go and vote for your chosen Friends for Life finalist here.

Nowzad


Another dog I'm looking forward to meeting is Nowzad's Wylie. Nowzad rescues stray and abandoned animals in Afghanistan - Wylie was one of these rescue dogs. He suffered "horrific cruelty" with terrible injuries before being rescued by British soldiers. Wylie won Scrufts (Best Cross Breed) at Crufts last year and will be there again this year, pawtographing a book all about his lovely self: Wylie - The Brave Street Dog Who Didn't Give Up by Pen Farthing. I shall be getting a copy for that paw print.


Good Citizen Dog Training Scheme

I'm also really interested to find out more about the Kennel Club's Good Citizen Dog Training Scheme. Whilst not all of us want to go on and work on further obedience and other kinds of training with our dogs - those basic commands are worth their weight in gravy bones - especially a good recall (are you listening Harvey?) The scheme most definitely promotes this. It is a non-competitive, relaxed and informal activity to do with your dog and open to all dogs (no matter what breed or cross-breed) and all ages. 

Pets as Therapy (PAT Dog) of the Year

One of my photography doggy clients became a PAT Dog not so long ago - and the work these dogs do is priceless to those whose lives they enhance. As well as visiting people of all ages in hospitals, hospices and care homes - PAT dogs also work with children in schools, to increase the child's confidence and aid their learning. The PAT Dog of the Year parade will be on Friday 6th.

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in all I've planned over the three days I'll be there, but I'll have a blimmin' good go! Please do say hi if you see me - as said before, I'll be the tall blonde covered in slobber with a massive smile on her face!

If you'd like to visit Crufts too, you can purchase tickets here.


Crufts is being televised on:

Thursday 6th March 2015 - More4 - 6:30-9pm
Friday 7th March 2015 - More4 6:30 -7:30pm
Saturday 8th March 2015 - Channel 4 - 7:30pm-9:30pm
Sunday 9th March 2015 - Channel 4 - 7pm-9pm



3 comments:

  1. hope you have a nice time,that pup looks so happy now,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time! I'll have to add this to my bucket list of things to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - ask questions, give your point of view or just meet new people in the comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


BLOG DESIGN BY BLOG ME BEAUTIFUL