Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Doggy Pancake Treats

It's only blimmin' Pancake Day!


So, strictly speaking, I don't really wait for Pancake Day to treat myself - I love me a pancake I do. I know that over the pond they are an often eaten meal (the American ones seem to be a lot smaller and thicker than our ones here - but do they taste any different?) Whilst of course we're not in a pancake drought in the UK - they're not really quite as common - I wonder why that is?

When I was a kid, we only ever had them one day a year on Shrove Tuesday (aka Pancake Day). My brother and I would fight for the first one out of the frying pan and we'd sit and scoff as many as we could until our bellies burst. Nowadays I'm more refined (I eat them in secret until my belly bursts) - and what almost never ever happens is me giving the dogs any. Even though their glistening and expectant chocolate-brown eyes implore me to - they get none (cos I'm greedy like that).

But, for today, and today only - my poor neglected pooches will have their wish - and, as I was searching for the perfect recipe for them, I found these three, so I thought I'd share:

Here's a great basic recipe from Sweet Paul. You can add all sorts to it to make it extra tasty for your pooch.

Or this banana based one which is Paleo friendly from Kol's Notes.

Or how about a gluten free coconut pancake from the Two Little Cavaliers blog.

Please Note:. These recipes are for treat purposes only. Only feed very small amounts to your dog. Many dogs cannot tolerate milk very well - you know your dog better than anyone, so please to use the common sense! Please do make sure that whatever you put into your pancakes is safe for dogs to eat. No-nos include: chocolate, grapes, raisins, avocado and macademia nuts.



2 comments:

  1. Aww that is sweet that you pooches can have some to now,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky pups. I am not a big fan, but I do like a pumpkin flavored pancake now and again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - ask questions, give your point of view or just meet new people in the comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


BLOG DESIGN BY BLOG ME BEAUTIFUL